What We Do
The Nursing and Midwifery Health Program Victoria (NMHPV):
• Is a free, confidential and independent support service for nurses, midwives and nursing/midwifery students in need of support with sensitive health issues related to their substance use and/or mental health impairment.
• Is designed and delivered by nurses for nurses, midwives and nursing/midwifery students.
• Conducts a Wellness Group that provides a safe place for nurses and midwives to share their challenges, receive peer support and seek professional advice.
• Does not require a formal referral – simply phone 03 9415 7551 or complete a Referral Form and email.
• Provides employers with expert guidance, support and advice.
• Is a Quality Innovation Performance (QIP) accredited organisation.
• Is a Victorian state-wide service with a presence in Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong and Traralgon.
We will visit health services to introduce and promote the NMHPV and present tailored information related to nurses, midwives and nursing/midwifery students health.
This very successful initiative of training nurses and midwives about the NMHP and how, when, where and why to access it continues. If you or your organisation is interested in becoming a ‘NMHP Champion’ please contact us or complete the expression of interest form.
The What We Do information sheet provides additional information about our service.
Please contact us for more information or if you require assistance.
NMHP is a Charitable Organisation
Please support our program so that we can continue to provide a free, confidential and independent support service for nurses, midwives and nursing/midwifery students.